Who do you have on your friendship list? How did that person make it to the list? How are individuals removed from the list? Your friendship list should be sacred, only a select few allowed. Those that exemplify love, compassion, support, and time when interacting with you should be allowed into the friendship circle. There is no room in the circle for jealously, envy, and those who do not practice reciprocity (returning phone calls and texts and love). In relationships distance is sometimes needed to protect your heart and conserve your time.
What does it look like when someone is no longer on the list?
- No longer given priority in relation to time.
- No longer going the extra mile to inquire about their day.
- In the words of Martin Lawrence “I will see you when I see you”
- No longer make the first contact, they should know how to find you, if they want to.
- No longer put their concerns before yours.